Central European Research Institute (CEITEC, www.ceitec.eu) is a modern interdisciplinary research institute in the areas of life and material sciences. The institute is equipped with state of the art infrastructure and promotes collaboration among scientists from diverse background (chemistry, biology, physics, medicine, engineering).
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.
We are seeking for an excellent scientist to join CEITEC at Masaryk University as Senior Research Group Leader to establish a research program in areas of structural biology, plant sciences, molecular medicine or neurobiology.
Prospective candidates should fulfill the following criteria:
- International research experience as postdoctoral fellow or independent principal investigator
- The outstanding subject competence and proven track record of high-quality scientific productivity as judged by publications in high impact peer-reviewed journals
- Organizational skills and leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple research teams
- Research program aligned with the CEITEC infrastructure and core facilities (https://www.ceitec.eu/core-facilities/) will be taken in consideration
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- This call is a part of broader initiative to recruit excellent scientists to Masaryk University and candidates should also be eligible to apply for the MUNI AWARD that provides additional budget of approx. 230 000 USD per year for a 5 year period
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Academic staff position within Masaryk University
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 8 weeks of paid holiday
Anticipated start date: 2019 (open to negotiation)
The successful candidate will be appointed for an initial 5-years period (with possible extension), suitable laboratory space and access to the outstanding infrastructure.
The application should include CV, a list of publications, description of skills and experience related to the advertised position, brief outlook of future research interests and contacts for at least two referees.
Applications must be received by August 31st, 2018, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “Senior RGL” in the subject.
Contact for informal inquiries about the position and CEITEC MU: Karel Říha, Deputy Director for Science and CEITEC group leader, email@example.com.
Our institute with its modern building can be found at University Campus Brno-Bohunice. For more information please go to our websites muni.ceitec.cz.
Start date: 2019 (open to negotiation)
Opened Until: 31.8.2018