For the continued set-up and design of the Beam Transport (BT) system of the compressed laser pulses ELI Beamlines is seeking:
Senior Beam Transport Expert – Group Leader
Challenging opportunity for an experienced laser and/or optics expert to lead key responsibilities of the design and development effort of ELI BT sub-systems and develop future installation, operation and maintenance plans.
- The search and selection of new suppliers with potential for turn-key provision of key subsystems
- Top down assembly layouts and large assembly management as well as installation procedures and their documentation
- The position requires the capability of interfacing with a team of engineers, technicians and target scientists through all the stages of the development and installation
- Ph.D. in laser physics or related field followed by five years of progressive work experience in job
- Track record in the development, construction and operation of high-energy petawatt laser systems and their beam transport as well as the relevant metrology
- Skills in som of the following areas are necessary: laser and optics design, design of ultra-stable opto-mechanics for half to one meter size high-precisonoptics, laser diagnostics and controls, acceptance testing of beam transport (BT) relevant components, writing of specification documents for tenders, project management and cost containment
- Experience to work in an international multidisciplinary and multicultural team is a significant plus
- Business fluent English language skills are required
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 – 601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.
O Institute of Physics ASCR
ELI- Beamlines (Extreme Light Infrastructure) will be the home of the world’s highest energy femtosecond laser (1.5 kJ, 150 fs) and the highest repetition rate (1 PW, 10 Hz) petawatt laser facility. The beam transport system for these beyond the state-ofthe-art laser systems is currently designed and built in Dolní Břežany (on the southern border of Prague).
The ELI-Beamlines Light Infrastructure Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation large research facilities.