The Rector of Masaryk University opens a position
Junior Research Group Leader AT CEITEC MU
Central European Research Institute (CEITEC, www.ceitec.eu) is a modern interdisciplinary research institute in the areas of life and material sciences. The institute is equipped with state of the art infrastructure and promotes collaboration among scientists from diverse background (chemistry, biology, physics, medicine, and engineering).
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.
We are offering the opportunity for young researchers to join CEITEC MU as Junior Research Group Leader to develop an independent research program in areas of structural biology, plant sciences, molecular medicine or neurosciences.
Appointment will only be available for candidate being awarded an ERC Grant. Candidates are expected either to hold an ERC Grant at the moment of application, or present a strong proposal for an ERC Grant to be submitted under a hosting letter from CEITEC MU.
Prospective candidates should fulfill the following criteria:
- International research experience
- The outstanding subject competence and proven track record of high-quality scientific productivity as judged by publications in high impact peer-reviewed journals
- Organizational skills and leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple research teams
- Ability to explore CEITEC core facilities advantages
- Research program aligned with the CEITEC infrastructure and core facilities (https://www.ceitec.eu/core-facilities/) will be taken in consideration
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment
- Academic staff position within Masaryk University
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- In house core facilities
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service)
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service)
- 8 weeks of paid holiday
Anticipated start date: open to negotiation
The successful candidate will be appointed for an initial 5-years period and awarded by a start-up package, suitable laboratory space and access to the outstanding infrastructure. At the end of the period, it may be possible to extend the duration of the position by approval of the International Advisory Board of CEITEC.
The application should include: CV, a list of publications, description of skills and experience related to the advertised position, brief outlook of future research interests and contacts for at least two referees.
Applications will be continuously reviewed.
Applications must be received by July 31st, 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview by the Recruitment Committee.
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the “Junior RGL” on the subject.
Contact for informal inquiries about the position and CEITEC MU: Karel Říha, Deputy Director for Science and CEITEC group leader, email@example.com.
Our institute with its modern building can be found at University Campus Brno-Bohunice. For more information please go to our websites HERE.
Start date: open to negotiation
Opened Until: 31.7.2018