We are offering a Junior Principal Investigator position for a biomedical scientist within the Center for Translational Medicine (CTM), at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA – ICRC). We are seeking a young and motivated PhD researcher who will join the center.
Start Date: August 1st 2018
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
We are a top Central European research Institute with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development in the fields of cancer, immunological, cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, please check our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
Project: „Unveiling the molecular determinants of aging to design new therapeutics (MAGNET)“
- The Junior Principal Investigator (PI) candidate should hold a PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, animal sciences, medicine or similar field.
- Experience in mitochondrial biology and/or mitochondrial diseases is required.
- An interest or expertise in aging research is preferred.
- Fluency in English language is required.
- The applicant should be well-organised, motivated and passionate about pursuing a career in biomedical research.
- The applicant should have a team-driven mentality.
- The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The applicant should demonstrate potential for leadership and managing people.
- The offered projects contribute to a rapidly advancing, very competitive field.
- The CTM hosts international team members, has a strong publication track record and international collaborations.
- We offer a fully funded position with competitive salary in a well-established laboratory, within an international and friendly environment.
- We offer a dedicated full time technician and a generous budget for research and attendance to national and international conferences.
- The position is immediately available so that the successful candidate can start as soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please submit your application, including CV with indication of 2 academic referees and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is June 30th 2018. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
All received applications will be reviewed carefully, with focus on the excellence of candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne’s University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne’s University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.