We are looking for an established researcher with finished postgraduate studies and proven track-record in the field of electrochemistry of 2D materials. In particular, the candidate has to document (via publications in respected journals) her/his expertise in the preparation and handling of 2D materials (including mechanical exfoliation), basic characterization techniques (at least AFM and Raman spectroscopy) and electrochemical characterization in micro- and/or nanoscale.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of local spectroelectrochemical techniques and their application to study 2D materials. Her/his competencies will also include (co)supervision of students and applications for own grant projects. She/he will be a member of the Department of Electrochemical Materials and the Nanocarbon group at the J.Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
Skills and Qualification:
- Experience with writing scientific papers and publishing in impacted journal (at least 5 scientific papers in the last three years, or in an accordingly extended period in the case of a parental leave)
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry or technical sciences
- Experience of research in different places/laboratories (at least one documented stay longer than 6 months outside of a place where she/he obtained the PhD title)
- Project writing and management skills
- Competencies necessary for team work
Preparation and handling of 2D materials (incl. mechanical exfoliation)
Scanning probe microscopy
Electrochemical techniques, performed also in micro- and/or nanoscale
Required research experience:
Physical Chemistry, more than 4 years
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year
- 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
CV, brief summary of previous research incl. details on fulfilling the requirements and necessary skills, list of publications, diploma copy, names plus e-mail addresses of 1 – 2 references.
Required Research Experience
The candidate must prove she/he meets the specific requirements and has the skills/qualifications given above. Eligible candidates will then be assessed based on the quality of their previous works, their contribution to the publications and the relevance of their expertise to the planned job tasks. Additional experience, not detailed in the requirements above, will also be taken into account if relevant.
Position starts: November 1st, 2020
Contract type: full-time job
Job location: Prague
Applications with required documents must be submitted via e-mail to a contact person for HR and administrative issues: Otakar Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.