The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement, and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 100 employees we are a vibrant Engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East & Africa.
Eaton’s Corporate Research & Technology Centre of Excellence opened a new position for a
The role description:
- Corporate Research & Technology focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers’ with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
- The Electromechanical / Electrohydraulic Systems) team has the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of electrohydraulic and hydro mechanical technologies related to fluid systems and machinery, including system architecture, valves, pumps, motors, cylinders, compressors, fittings, and conveyance. The team engages in leading and executing technology programs, applying mechanical engineering theory and practice to Hydraulic, Vehicle, Aerospace, and Electrical applications.
- The Lead Engineer is expected to serve as a technical lead and technical contributor on projects within the team. He is responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all efforts under their control. He is expected to write to technical papers and presentations as well as IP generation through authoring (or co-authoring) disclosures and patents.
- The Lead Engineer should serve as a subject matter expert within the area of EM/EHS for Eaton. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with the external technical community and academia, active participation in industry or technical groups and events, etc. Finally as a subject matter expert internally the Lead Engineer will be expected to mentor junior staff and consult with internal business & engineering customers
- Leads global technology realization in technology realization programs/projects utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
- Acts as major contributor to the development of strategies for technology roadmaps for specific applications that are linked to and supportive of the overall CRT and business strategies.
- Participates and presents in ideation events (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc.).
- Lead/Support in government proposal preparation and/or project execution.
- Initiates and develops solid relationships with both engineering and business leaders within Eaton to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications and acquire needed resources and funding.
- Leads open innovation events with universities and external institutes that align with Power Block strategy.
- Active participation in external industry and technical groups, mentoring junior level staff and consulting internal business and engineering partners.
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science with emphasis on fluid dynamics & theoretical knowledge on electrohydraulic controls from an accredited institution
- Post degree experience with industry exposure in fluid systems research or engineering, specifically system level modeling to conduct trade studies and down-select architectures for electro-hydraulic systems, components, and controls
- Experience with prototype fluid system design and the cycle of build, test, data capture, and analysis through formalized and disciplined experimentation
- Diversified experience on developing various electrohydraulic blended power systems and their controls
- Experience with hydro power generation, renewable energy, and fluid machinery
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
- Culture & Values – Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Learning & Development – we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague)
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19,7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Please contact or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.