PhD position in developmental biology
microenvironmental mechanics in epithelial morphogenesis
The Sumbalova Koledova Lab at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic is looking for a passionate, intellectually curious PhD candidate with an interest in solving fundamental questions of developmental biology. The PhD project will tackle the role microenvironmental mechanics in epithelial morphogenesis using an interdisciplinary approach employing organoids.
We are a group of enthusiastic researchers unravelling critical mechanisms of organ formation and tumorigenesis. We use an interdisciplinary approach employing organoids, genetic mouse models, single-cell and spatial genomics, biosensors, state-of-the-art imaging techniques, mathematical modelling, and AI-driven image analysis.
Who are we seeking:
- Highly motivated, passionate, self-driven and creative candidates with MSc (or equivalent) in cell, developmental or molecular biology or related areas
- Candidates with excellent communication skills, who enjoy working in a committed team
- Previous experience with cell and organoid culture is favourable but not essential
- Enthusiastic interdisciplinary team
- International collaborations and mobilities
- Support and guidance in individual carer development
- Fully funded PhD position available from January 2023 (flexible start)
- Send your CV and cover letter to Dr Sumbalova Koledova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cover letter should describe
a) your most important research contributions, why your research is important and what impact it has had,
b) your research interests and career aspirations, and
c) why are you interested in this position.
Please, include contacts for at least two references.
- Applications will be evaluated on a continuous basis until February 28, 2023.
- Informal enquiries are welcome at email@example.com.
More information on the Sumbalova Koledova research group: