The group of Dr. Sebastian Zoll at IOCB Prague is interested in understanding the structural basis of interaction between surface proteins of eukaryotic parasites and human host factors. The goal is to use these structural insights to provide a foundation for the development of novel therapeutic strategies against neglected parasitic diseases.
- work with DNA (DNA isolation, primer design, PCR, cloning, sequencing)
- work with tissue cultures
- preparation of media and buffers
- possibility of an own project
Experience with recombinant protein expression and purification is a plus but not required.
- order processing in the central system
- communication with other groups and departments of the institute, especially with the personnel and financial departments
- communication with logistics companies
- ensuring the smooth operation of office and laboratory
What we require:
- university education with a degree in biological or biochemical sciences (Bc., Msc.)
- experience in working in a laboratory setting
- computer skills (MS Office)
- knowledge of English at a communicative level
- organizational skills and communication skills
- willingness to learn new things
What we offer:
- work in a promising international team and modern laboratory
- a fixed-term employment contract (maternity cover)
- adequate payment
- 5 weeks holiday + 3 sick days
- health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance / life insurance, contribution to sports / culture / leisure time, meals subsidized by the employer, flexible working hours, etc.
- possibilities for personal development
March 2021, or by agreement
Place of work:
Ústav organické chemie a biochemie AV ČR / Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Flemingovo náměstí 542/2, 160 00 Praha 6
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.