The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v. v. i. (FZU) is a public research institution that focuses on fundamental and applied research in physics. We are the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, with more than 1300 employees, of which a substantial part accounts for international workers. Our ambition is to push the boundaries of knowledge and to conduct cutting-edge research in the area of elementary particles, condensed matter physics, solid matter, optics, plasma and laser physics. The FZU is the holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award certificate.
We are looking for a new colleague to join the Rotan laboratory, which is a part of the Department of Material Analysis, for the following role:
Scientist for X-ray laboratory
The Rotan laboratory is X-ray diffraction method laboratory. It operates diffractometers, computed tomograph, and provides X-ray diffraction measurements and diffraction data interpretation for research groups across all FZU Departments.
- Collaborating with representatives of research groups from the FZU;
- Proposing methods and set-ups of performing experiments;
- Operating an high-resolution X-ray tomograph;
- Operating diffractometers;
- Evaluation and presentation of diffraction data;
- Drawing conclusions from experimental results;
- Working together on texts intended for publishing;
- Other activities according to the current focus of the research at the FZU.
- University degree in solid matter physics / material research;
- Ability to look for / find your own solutions;
- Ability to interpret results based on your knowledge of principles of physics;
- Ability to compare results to theory; capacity to process and prepare data for publishing;
- Willingness to cooperate on a wide selection of topics (according to the current research focus of the FZU), communication skills;
- A very good level of English (speaking and writing);
- Advanced PC skills;
- Capacity to learn fast how to work with new SW and devices;
- Capacity to programme your own data processing routines (such as Matlab, Python, C++) is an asset;
- Independent as well as team worker.
- Job with a top research institution;
- Interesting and diverse work, including work on prestigious projects;
- Space for personal development and creativity;
- Professional work team with a friendly atmosphere and mutual respect;
- Expert training and development courses;
- Flexible working hours;
- 5 weeks of vacation and 6 sick days;
- Meal allowance;
- Multisport Card;
- Contribution to private pension scheme, and other contributions after completing 12 months of employment;
- Support to work-life balance and other employment benefits.
Starting date: negotiable.
Place of work: Prague 8, Na Slovance (near the “C Ládví” metro station)
Please send your CV, and your cover note, indicating the job role, to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your responses.
Information on personal data policy is available at the website of the FZU at:
Further information available at: Why FZU? | FZU
Contact person: Lucie Beránková, tel. No.: +420 266 053 425