The Extreme Light Infrastructure ERIC (ELI ERIC) is the world’s largest and most advanced high-power laser research infrastructure. As an international user facility dedicated to multi-disciplinary science, ELI provides access to world-class high-power, high-repetition-rate laser systems and enables cutting-edge research, as well as breakthrough technological innovations. The ELI ERIC operates as a single multi-site organization with two complementary facilities specialized in different fields of research with extreme light: ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany (Czech Republic) and ELI ALPS in Szeged (Hungary).
ELI Beamlines Facility operates four cutting-edge high-power femtosecond laser systems reaching unprecedented intensities. The operational laser systems make unique femtosecond sources of X-rays and accelerated particles available to scientific users for pioneering research in physical, chemical, materials, life and medical sciences as well as physics of dense plasmas, warm dense matter, and laboratory astrophysics. The ELI Beamlines Facility employs over 350 researchers, engineers and other professionals from more than 38 countries.
The Safety team brings together experts from various fields (radiation protection, laser safety, EHS, chemicals, etc.), who provide support to all scientific teams. For this team, we are seeking an applicant, who would ensure safe commissioning and operation of PLC based personal safety interlock system. Currently, half of the system is in trial operation, system for remaining areas is under development.
Safety Control System Engineer (152)
- engineering supervision of the hardware and software installation of the PLC based Personal Safety Interlock system (PSI) supplied by external company
- liaison with the supplier of the PSI to ensure successful design, installation, commissioning, and operation of the system
- acting as engineering support for the PSI, supporting the daily operation of the laser and experimental laboratories, applying bug fixes and feature requests and responding to operator and user requirements
- assisting in project documentation revisions
- participating in preparation of procedures related to PSI and other relevant systems based on operation needs
- taking responsibility for upgrades, regular maintenance and testing of the installed PSI system in cooperation with the external supplier
- preparing operation statistics to ensure highest level of system availability
- relevant university degree with one or more of the following disciplines: electronics engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent
- practical experience in PLC based installations and operations or development of SW or HW applications for control systems
- practical experience with engineering drawings and design documentation
- good working knowledge in English (both oral and written)
- following qualifications are optional: working experience with the personal safety systems, PLC programing skills, experience with risk assessment and safety functions definitions, working experience obtained in research, scientific, or academic institution, experience with laser systems
- opportunity to work in this unique international scientific institution
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- good working environment
- career growth, professional education
- meal allowance, pension contribution
- 5 weeks of holidays and 6 days of personal leave
- support of leisure time activities
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Senior Specialist. Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
Information on the processing of personal data can be found on https://www.eli-beams.eu/informace-o-zpracovani-vasich-osobnich-udaju-gdpr/. We are an equal opportunity employer.