The director of CEITEC, Brno University of Technology is opening the academic position of: Scientific Entrepreneur – JUNIOR Research Group Leader
The Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC) at the Brno University of Technology is a unique research centre focusing primarily on the fields of advanced materials and nanotechnologies. Since its establishment in 2011, CEITEC has quickly developed into a cutting-edge infrastructure for basic and applied research which performs highly alongside the best institutes in Europe. Among the main priorities of CEITEC are the promotion of a motivating and dynamic international scientific environment, the provision of open access state-of-the-art research infrastructure, and the policy of open communication and equal opportunities.
Are you interested in bringing your hi-tech idea closer to commercialization? CEITEC, located in Brno, the Czech Republic, alongside the Brno City Council and the South Moravian Innovation Centre (JIC) are looking for candidates for a pilot programme bridging the gap between an innovation idea and, ideally, the founding of a hi-tech start-up company. CEITEC can provide you with state-of-the-art research infrastructure and a start-up grant up to 250k EUR enabling you to materialize your idea. In a period of two to three years, you will have full access to our research facilities and business support of JIC’s entrepreneurial programmes and network of business executives and advisors.
We are seeking dedicated individuals with a clear vision of bringing their research idea into a hi-tech commercialization project in the areas of materials science, nano and micro technologies.
You will have:
- a research plan which utilizes CEITEC core facilities and laboratories
- PhD degree and at least 3 years of research experience proven by high-quality applied results or publications in high-impact journals
- resided or carried out your main activity in the Czech Republic for less than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the deadline for application submission
- ability to lead a team and attract public and private funding
- diverse and perspective work in a major scientific centre in the region
- up to €250k start-up grant for a period of 2 to 3 years
- access to the state-of-the-art lab infrastructure (http://nano.ceitec.eu/ or check www.ceitec.eu for other areas then nanofab at CEITEC Nano)
- regular business consultations with a professional business development agency and access to relevant network of experienced business executives (www.jic.cz/en)
- personal and professional growth
- support in further education – possibility to participate in educational events and workshops
- attractive benefits package (welcome service, 6 weeks of paid holiday, flexible working hours, pension savings / life insurance contribution, meal vouchers, preferential tariffs with a mobile operator).
Your application should include:
- CV (max. 3 pages) with detailed description of your academic and professional merits, listing your applied results, research grants and impacted publications
- Research plan and visions (max. 7 pages) for the next 2-3 years with a detailed description of the research area (must be within the scope of nano and micro technologies or advanced materials and exploit CEITEC shared facilities). Applicants are strongly recommended to adhere to the template for ERC Proof of Concept Grant 2018 – Part B with a focus on the area of excellence in innovation, expected impact, implementation plan (with specific focus on the future business implementation) and the planned budget allocation.
Should you have any questions, please contact Pavel Krecmer at tel.+420 730 161 232 or at pavel.krecmer(at)ceitec.vutbr.cz.
The position is available as agreed.
Applications must be received by September 20, 2021, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com and quote “JRGL Scientific Entrepreneur” in the subject.
The “JRGL grant” is funded by the Statutory City of Brno.
CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology
Brno University of Technology
Purkyňova 123, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic