FZU – Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a leading public research institution located in Prague, Czechia. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1100 employees. FZU pursues high-quality, innovative, and ground-breaking fundamental and applied research. Our researchers try to understand and explain the basic phenomena and processes of this world and respond to the current scientific and technical challenges of society.
The Molecular Transport Group at the Institute of Physics (FZU) of the Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS) in Prague invites applications for the position above.
The successful candidate (m/f/d) will join a dynamic research team led by Héctor Vázquez focused among other projects on machine learning and single-molecule electron transport. The position is fully funded by a research grant and can be extended up to 3 years.
What you will do:
- Focus on machine learning to identify structure-property relationships in electronic structure and conductance of single-molecule junctions.
- Develop a research program and implement it in the field of machine learning and single molecule studies.
- Participate in group meetings, and prepare manuscripts.
- Participate in international conferences and regular collaboration with experimental groups.
- Work in an international environment in the heart of Europe.
- Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, or related field
- Operational knowledge of machine learning methods, electronic structure of molecular junctions, and molecular conductance calculations
- Programming skills (e.g., Python, Matlab, FORTRAN, C, C++)
- Advanced English (written and spoken) is a must
- Ability to work independently
- Will learn new techniques and approaches
Terms of employment:
- Start of employment as soon as possible, depending on the availability of the applicant
- Full-time job with flexible hours, extended vacations, work from home, and a wide range of other benefits
- 1- 3-year contract with possible extension
- Please send your CV and motivation letter, including the publication record to the email address below: Monika Svobodová, Email: email@example.com.
- For further information please contact Héctor Vázquez: firstname.lastname@example.org – Head of Working Group
Information regarding personal data processing and access to personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences:
Department: Molecular Transport group
Field of work: Scientific
Contact person: Monika Svobodová
Telephone: +420 702 299 555