The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a „Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Bioelectronic devices III.“
The CEITEC Bioelectronics research team is seeking an outstanding applicant for a scientific position as a postdoctoral research fellow. The postdoctoral scholar shall work with the development of bioelectronic devices and materials, in particular focusing on implantable biomedical devices. The research will feature microfabrication techniques in a cleanroom environment, and fabrication and testing devices for neural recording and stimulation. Close collaboration with neuroscientists and pre-clinical researchers is envisioned. The postdoctoral fellow will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art nano- and microfabrication facilities and electrophysiology laboratories (see nano.ceitec.cz).
- Ability to carry out research projects independently, interpret data, and write manuscripts.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative and persistence.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- Act as a source of information and advice to other group members on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- Ability to design and perform in vivo animal experiments.
- A fully English-speaking work environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art micro- and nanofabrication equipment.
- A well-established local international collaboration network in biomedical research and animal experimentation.
- Support of team members with diverse backgrounds.
We are looking for a highly-motivated researcher with a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, applied physics/materials science, or a related discipline:
- The applicant must have a proven track record in scientific research, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.
- Educational background in electrophysiology, neuroscience, medical engineering, or related discipline required.
- Experience with 1) bioelectronics, and 2) in vivo electrophysiology.
- Good communication skills and written and spoken English are required.
- A Ph.D. degree is not required at the time of application, however proof of successful completion of a Ph.D. program must be provided upon beginning employment.
Interested candidates should provide:
- Detailed CV including a list of publications.
- Copy of the highest-attained academic degree.
- Cover letter (1 page) stating the motivation for applying.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement.
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Six weeks of holiday.
Electronic applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17th, 2022, and quote the “Bioelectronic devices III.” in the subject.