A fully funded postdoc position is available in Prof. Michal Hocek Group. The candidate will join international team within a large multidisciplinary group of the Joint Laboratory of Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry of Nucleic Acids of the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IOCB Prague) and the Charles University in Prague. The project will involve in vitro selection of aptamers with modified nucleotides towards various protein targets, affinity screening of the best aptamer candidates and further developments.
- PhD degree in organic chemistry or biochemistry
- Well established experience and profound knowledge of in vitro selection of aptamers
- Additional experience in affinity binding studies and NGS data analysis would be a plus
- Ability to independently work on the research project
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Competitive financial remuneration
- Full-time fixed-term contract for 2 years
- 5 weeks of vacation plus 3 sick days
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance and contribution to sports/culture/leisure time
- Meals subsidy
- Financial support for mothers with young children
- Located in the stunning city of Prague, our research facilities feature a state-of-the-art instrumentation portfolio
- The position is available as of 1 January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter
- The position is available for a period of 2 years
How to apply:
Applications will be reviewed and considered until the position is filled.
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.