A position for a laboratory technician/manager is available in the research group of Peter J Lukavsky, PhD “RNA-based Regulation of Gene Expression” which is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). We study disease-related biological processes by investigating protein structures and their interactions with other proteins, RNA or small molecule inhibitors using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods.
- Expression and purification of proteins
- Transcription and purification of RNAs
- Preparation of various media and buffers
- PCR and cloning of RNA and protein constructs
- Preparation of isotope-labelled nucleotides
- Binding studies using ITC, fluorescence anisotropy, EMSA, and other biophysical techniques including data analysis
- Performance of NMR experiments to study small molecule interactions with proteins and RNA
- Implementing new techniques and projects
- Help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
- Ordering of chemicals and lab supplies
- At least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
- Reliability, team player, meticulousness
- Knowledge of „“laboratory chemistry““ – preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
- Computer literacy, MS word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent experience with molecular biology, protein and RNA purification, biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy is a big plus
- Interesting work in a top scientific team
- Stable base and excellent instrumental equipment of CEITEC-MU
- MU employment benefits
- Salary based on qualification and experience; part time appointment possible
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including: a) description of previous experiences b) technical skills and c) at least two contact references should be sent by e-application available on https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/66999.
In the case of any difficulties filling out the e-application, please contact Veronika Slezáková (email@example.com).
Deadline of the applications is 31 August 2022.