Engineer/Developer automated systems for cryogenics complexes
JINR Dubna, Russia
The Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (JINR) is an international intergovernmental organization with 18 Member States. Its seat is in Dubna near Moscow (http://www.jinr.ru/about-en/). JINR’s mission is to enable international collaboration in the field of Elementary Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics and Applied Research and to this end; it designs, builds and operates particle accelerators and the associated experimental areas. At present more than 3 500 scientific users from research, institutes all over the world are using JINR’s installations for their experiments.
The building accelerator complex will have the ion beams in a wide energy range from a few keV to 4500 MeV. This gives to it a unique interdisciplinary and innovative potential. Namely, on the NICA complex beams it is planned to establish three research zones: the low, medium and high energy zones allowing experimentalists to carry out research on material science, nano- and pico-technology, medicine, biology, electronics, space programs, nuclear energy and safety, cryogenic and superconducting technology.
The Cryogenics Group is in charge of the design, construction, commissioning and operation of the cryogenic systems for JINR accelerators and detectors, of the operation, maintenance and upgrade of cryogenic test facilities as well as of the management of the industrial support contract for maintenance and operation of cryogenic systems. It also provides support for low-temperature developments and tests as well as consultancy and support in cryogenic design and cryogenic instrumentation.
Would you like to use your skills to take an active role in the control and design of cryogenic equipment at JINR. Would you like to contribute on the contract follow up and testing of the NICA cryogenics? Take part!
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As engineer, you will participate in design, contract follow up, testing automated systems of NICA cryogenic equipment.
- Perform functional analysis of the process to fulfil users‘ requirements
- Draw-up technical specifications of components and systems (refrigerators, distribution systems)
- Take responsibility for quality control
- Carry out production follow-up
- Participate in design, construction, assembly, installation, testing and commissioning of cryogenic systems and equipment
- Manage the associated technical documentation for the Quality Assurance Plan
- The work requires collaboration with persons and services inside and outside the Organization.
- Master’s degree or PhD in the field of Applied physics, Process engineering, or equivalent, Computer science
- Specialization of automation by UNICOS (CERN), TANGO (Tango-controls.org), WinCC OA (Siemens) is appreciated
Experience and competencies
- Demonstrated experience in the design automated systems for industrial processes and/or in the field of commissioning of complex electromechanical plants
- Demonstrated experience in project management and/or international partnership
- Experience in dealing with complex industrial processes, involving cryogenics or vacuum technologies, would be a major asset
- Experience as developer in real projects SCADA systems for industrial automation
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Knowledge the principles of development and creation systems for industrial automation, LAN, PLC, actuators control and etc.
- Desired knowledge WinCC, UNICOS
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Learning and sharing knowledge: sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Solving problems: assimilating large quantities of information, identifying key issues and formulating conclusions clearly and concisely; identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; remaining objective, focussed and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; cooperating constructively with others in the pursuit of team goals; balancing personal goals with team goals.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
The language competencies required are:
- Russian or English: spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports, and/or to make oral presentations.
- Working in team: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions
- Demonstrating flexibility: adopting quickly priorities and requirements
- Czech citizenship or working position in the Czech institution
- Criminal integrity
- High school / university education appropriate specialization
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.09.2021.
By applying here, you allow JINR to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
- Position in a stable and prestigious international organization
- By agreement, full – time or part – time for a maximum period of 6 years (3 years with possibility of extension for another 3 years)
- Leave of 30 calendar days
- Business apartment or hotel accommodation (with the possibility of partial payment of the rent by the JINR)
- Ruble salary in the range of $ 600-900 per month (depending on education, experience and achievement)
- Surcharge (compensation of subsistence costs) in the range of 2000 – 2800 USD / month (by education and practice)
- Payment of air tickets to the Czech Republic once a year including family members
Contact information, structured professional CV, cover letter, copy of documents on education, consent with their possible transfer to the JINR and a copy of the extract from the criminal record send to the secretariat of the Committee for Cooperation of the Czech Republic with JINR: email@example.com
 JINR has at present 18 Member States: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cuba, the Czech Republic, Georgia, Kazakhstan, D. P. Republic of Korea, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam. Participation of Egypt, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Republic of South Africa and Serbia in JINR activities is based on bilateral agreements signed on the governmental level.