The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Junior Researcher for Advanced Polymers and Nanocomposites
The Group of Advanced Polymers and Composites at CEITEC Brno University of Technology is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of junior researcher in our research laboratory. We are looking for a scientist with skills in polymer physics/chemistry and characterization. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art SEM, DSC, TGA as well with 3D printing systems (see nano.ceitec.cz).
- Participating on the research projects.
- Conducting research tasks independently.
- Writing manuscripts.
- Supervising students.
- Assisting other team members.
- Preparing project proposals.
- Ph.D. in material science or another relevant field.
- Practical experience with polymer science.
- Skills in material characterization methods are a great advantage.
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent communication skills in English.
- Work independently as well as teamwork.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Work on research projects funded by MEYS and GAČR.
- Access to CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- Further training and personal development, e.g. participation in workshops and conferences.
- 1 year contract.
- 0.6 FTE (24 hours / week) or negotiable.
- Six weeks holiday.
Start date: 1. 1. 2022
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV with contact information and statement covering his/her experience in relevant areas (laboratory experience, clean room) and publication record.
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying.
- Name and contact details of two academic and/or scientific referees from two distinct institutions.
Please send an application including required items to email email@example.com by October 10th, 2021 and quote the “Junior Researcher for Advanced Polymers and Nanocomposites” in the subject.