The director of CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Core Facility Scientist – Nanofabrication Process Specialist
Specialista výzkumné infrastruktury – technolog nanofabrikačních procesů
The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno University of Technology is the largest cleanroom nano-centre located in the Czech Republic. It provides complex equipment, expertise, and methods for R&D in nanotechnology and advanced materials. The facility includes nanofabrication, nano-characterization, structural analysis, and X-ray computed tomography. We carry out complete fabrication and characterization of nanostructures and nano-devices in an entirely clean environment.
For additional information about CEITEC Nano, please visit http://nano.ceitec.cz.
We are inviting applications from qualified research candidates for the Nanofabrication Process Specialist position in the CEITEC Nano facility.
The process specialist will be responsible for optimizing technology processes and ensuring process-flow within the nanofabrication laboratory. Suitable candidates should have experience with micro- and nanofabrication techniques, equipment operation with appropriate parameters, and experience working in an ISO-5 clean room laboratory.
- Supervision of technology processes and process-flow within the nanofabrication laboratory.
- Technological management of nanofabrication projects commissioned by academic or commercial customers and assistance to users of the CEITEC Nano research infrastructure with their projects.
- Support selection, tenders, and installation of new instruments.
- Assist the Head of the nanofabrication lab and other staff with the development and enforcement of safety and operational protocols.
- MSc. or Ph.D. in natural sciences or engineering.
- Experience with various nanofabrication techniques:
- Lithography (EBL, Photolithography),
- Etching in particular (DRIE, RIE, IBE),
- Deposition techniques (CVD, PVD).
- Experience with the characterization of micro- and nanostructures, including optical microscopy, AFM, and SEM.
- Experience with project management:
- Communication with the customers,
- Technology planning,
- Supervision of implementation.
- Broad nanofabrication experience in terms of both process development and equipment troubleshooting/maintenance/repair.
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently as well in a team.
- Knowledge of safety and health issues concerning cleanroom equipment, operations, handling of hazardous chemicals, gasses, and waste disposal.
- Interesting permanent-position job in state-of-the-art academic cleanroom nanocentre.
- Competitive salary, performance bonuses.
- Further training and personal development, esp. participation in workshops and conferences.
- Six weeks holiday.
- Full time job – 40 hours per week.
- Place: CEITEC BUT, Purkyňova 123, Brno, Czech Republic.
Interested candidates should provide:
- Detailed CV including a list of publications.
- Cover letter stating the motivation, his/her contribution to the field and vision.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement. The sooner the better.
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- 6 weeks of holidays.
Electronic applications including all required items should be submitted to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31th, 2023 and quote “Nanofabrication Process Specialist” in the subject.