Two Postdoc Positions in Biomaterials/Tissue engineering and Cell-Based Biology available at the Czech Biotechnological company PrimeCell Bioscience
Institution: PrimeCell BioScience
Location: Ostrava, Czech Republic
PrimeCell BioScience is a biotechnological company focused on the development of modern medicinal products based on human cells and tissues. We provide patients with specialized and highly personalized treatment, especially in cases where pharmaceutical and other conventional methods of treatment fail. The company belongs to the biggest biotech firms in the CEE region and owns in-house R&D and regulatory departments, GMP manufacturing site and network of partner hospitals. We are primarily focused on the following fields: wound healing, orthopaedics, oncology, ischemic diseases (myocardial infarction, stroke, ischemic limb ischemia etc.), ophthalmology and others. PrimeCell has a close collaboration with leading national and international institutions, and owns start-up incubator-accelerator facility in Ostrava.
We are looking for two highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive colleagues with a lab experience and deep interest in biomedical research, biomaterials, tissue engineering and/or regenerative medicine.
Current postdoctoral positions are a unique possibility to combine basic and translational research. Successful candidates will hold the responsibility to participate in the development of investigation toward improved methodologies, innovative therapies in regenerative medicine by combining state-of-the-art advances in material science, stem cell therapeutics and protein-based compounds including designing, planning and performing of experiments, data analysis and data interpretation, cooperation with partners and regulatory, performing validation tests, creation of SOPs, supervision of the technical stuff, presenting results at regular meetings and conferences, writing of the patents and publications. Characterisation of the biomaterials and validation of the protocols will be aiming toward the transfer to regulatory officers and production facility and later for the clinical testing.
Above investigations will generally involve the use of biological and synthetic scaffolds, human tissues and cells. Knowledge of microscopy, non-invasive imaging, and biomechanical testing, molecular biology and genetic modification techniques, molecular biology technics is an advantage.
Successful candidates will be involved into a young and dynamic team and state-of-art research facility. The projects are giving a unique possibility of collaborative research between academia and the private sector.
Ph.D. degree in Tissue engineering, Biomaterials, Molecular biology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Chemistry or Biochemistry is advantageous.
Required: Early-stage (one-three) and advanced candidates (three +) years of prior research experience in bioengineering, biology, cell biology, molecular biology or related disciplines. Good command of the English language including writing skills is mandatory.
Desired: experience in animals work. Experience of work under the GMP conditions and with SOPs is an advantage.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of scientific research methodology;
- Ability to troubleshoot an experiment as necessary;
- Exquisite record keeping and experimental documentation capabilities;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong scientific writing skills;
- Experience working with human material and cells;
- Experience in a variety of research techniques/methods and follow-up data collection;
- Molecular methods (PCR, genomic and plasmid DNA preparation, protein measurements, and tissue homogenization, analytical skills, programs for data calculation and analysis);
- Knowledge of research procedures and protocols gained through education or experience;
- Knowledge of laboratory safety rules and procedures;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including public speaking skills;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Ability to work within a team context and collaborate with other lab personnel.
To apply, simply send us your CV and a brief motivation letter with 2 references till the end of May. The applications will be evaluated continuously, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview. The starting date is flexible.
For application and additional information please contact:
Serhiy Forostyak, MD, PhD, CSO
Primecell BioScience a.s.