The Institute of Physics is looking for a Young Researcher in the areas of Biophysics / Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Bioengineering / Chemical Engineering
An inspiring position in biophysics and related fields, working in a multidisciplinary and friendly environment with motivating supervision. You will work with modern and advanced technologies, focusing on cutting-edge research. You will have creative freedom thinking of new solutions and innovations.
About the Institute:
FZU is a leading public research institute located in Prague, the Czech Republic, which is oriented on the fundamental and applied research in physics. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1300 employees.
FZU tries to pursue high quality, innovative and ground-breaking fundamental research, as well as to promote interdisciplinary and applied research.
About the research groups:
The Department of Optical and Biophysical Systems recently established two new research groups: The Laboratory of Biophysics and The Laboratory of Functional Biointerfaces. The groups are focused on topics in experimental and theoretical biophysics, including surface-mediated biomolecular interactions and cellular interactions in native environments.
- Research experience in, biophysics (either experimental or theoretical), molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or related areas.
- B.Sc./MSc. or equivalent degree in relevant subject area
- A creative and self-motivated personality, with interest in fundamental and applied science
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good team-working skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Documented experience of solving complex scientific or technical problems in at least one of the areas outlined above.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques: SPR, vibrational spectroscopies, ellipsometry, fluorescence microscopy, QCM, mass spectroscopy, AFM, other (bio)organic surface characterization techniques
Why should you apply?
- Working in an international, creative and highly motivated environment of a newly established research group
- Cutting-edge research topics with high application potential
- Working in a multidisciplinary research team
- A stimulating and friendly supervising and mentoring environment
- Unique research facilities
- Training and development possibilities (seminars, workshops, conferences)
- Soft skills trainings (project management, grants applications, etc.)
- Language courses
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Home office mode
- And more benefits such as Multisport card, meal vouchers, cooperate kindergarten, etc
Terms of employment:
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from November or December 1, 2020 or as otherwise agreed.
Please send a motivation letter, your CV, a list of publications and two references to Petra Kratochvilova (+420 266 052 125). Questions about the position please write to email@example.com.