Through single-cell biology, computational biology and artificial intelligence, Immunai is reprogramming the immune system to develop improved drugs and therapeutics.
Who we are
Nebion AG is an established Swiss bioinformatics company headquartered in Zurich. In 2017, Nebion opened a second site in Prague. Our goal is to support target/biomarker discovery, translational biology and personalized medicine research in academia and industry by curating, integrating, and mining molecular data on a very large scale. Nebion commercializes GENEVESTIGATOR®, the premier gene expression search engine used by more than 1000 research institutions in academia and industry worldwide. In July 2021, Nebion became part of the Immunai Group.
Immunai was founded in December 2018. We are a multidisciplinary team of immunologists, genomics technologists, computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians, and operators singularly focused on solving an audacious challenge. Backed by some of the leading scientific minds in immunology, oncology, and single-cell genomics, we are up for the challenge.
Immunai has begun the process of mapping millions of immune cells and their functions to build a proprietary data set for clinical immunological data. The immune system mapping will play an important role in boosting R&D efforts in developing targeted therapies for different diseases. The immune system consists of trillions of cells that are divided into different cell types that perform different functions. Because of the complexity of the system, it can be difficult to determine how drugs will interact with the immune cells. This increased understanding can be used to boost clinical response to different cellular therapies.
Immunai’s mission is to map the immune system with neural networks and transfer learning techniques informed by deep immunology knowledge.
We are looking for multiple experienced scientists to expand our biocuration team in Prague (Czech Republic).
Position Type: Full-time
Position start: March 2022 or upon agreement
- Curation of immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases single-cell data sets from a prioritized backlog.
- Author and maintain technical and project documentation
- Keep up to date with current developments in the field
- Contributing to internal and customer-oriented data analyses
- Providing scientific know-how to the business development team
- Possibility to contribute to Nebion/Immunai publications
- Extensive initial training
- Inspiring international environment
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible working hours
- 5 weeks holidays
- Pension insurance contribution, meal contribution
- Master’s degree in immunology (Ph.D. is a strong plus) – MUST
- Strong interest in single-cell omics. Experience in applied NGS data analysis such as transcriptomics (RNA-seq, scRNA-seq).
- Additional experience with other omics methods is a plus
- Experience in programming languages required for data analysis (R and/or Python) is a strong plus
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix; bash scripts is a plus
- Proficiency in English both written and spoken
- Attention to details
Desired Personal traits
- Open, honest, and transparent communication
- Ability to collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Having a growth mindset
To apply, use the form at the bottom of the source advertisement: https://www.comeet.com/jobs/immunai/37.009/single-cell-data-curator—immunology/3D.826