Nebion AG is an established Swiss bioinformatics company headquartered in Zurich. In 2017, Nebion opened a second site in Prague. Our goal is to support target/biomarker discovery, translational biology, and personalized medicine research in academia and industry by curating, integrating, and mining molecular data on a very large scale. Nebion commercializes GENEVESTIGATOR®, the premier gene expression search engine used by more than 1000 research institutions in academia and industry worldwide. In July 2021, Nebion became part of the Immunai.
At Immunai, we’re on a mission to revolutionize the way we treat immune diseases. We believe that by harnessing the power of immunomics and machine learning, we can unlock the key to developing the next generation of immunomodulatory drugs.
Our team, comprised of immunologists, engineers, drug developers, computer scientists, and entrepreneurs, uses cutting-edge technology like single-cell multiomics and functional genomics to map the human immune system like never before. We’re delving deep into its inner workings and uncovering novel insights into immune disease pathology.
With the use of neural networks and transfer learning, we’re sifting through a massive immune database and deciphering the mechanisms of action and resistance of existing drugs. This information is helping us identify and validate new immune targets and target combinations and supports the development of improved therapeutics.
Our ultimate goal is to bring breakthrough medicines to patients as quickly and successfully as possible. With our engineering-first approach, we’re confident we can make it happen. Together, we’re shaping the future of immune disease treatment.
For details: www.nebion.com, www.immunai.com
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Position Type: Full-time
- Curation of immuno-oncology and auto-immune single-cell data sets from a prioritized backlog
- Perform quality control of analyzed data
- Cell type annotation, align data to Ontologies/vocabularies
- Harmonization of current single-cell database content
- Author and maintain project documentation
- Keep up to date with current developments in the field
- Possibility to contribute to internal and customer-oriented data analyses
- Providing scientific know-how to the business development team
- Possibility to contribute to Nebion/Immunai publications
- Extensive initial training
- Inspiring international environment
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- No-nonsense attitude
- Flexible working hours
- 5 weeks holidays
- Pension insurance contribution, meal contribution
- MS / PhD in immunology (or similar) – MUST
- Master’s degree will be considered with relevant working experience
- Knowledge of R and/or bash- is a plus
- Strong interest in single-cell omics. Experience in applied NGS data analysis such as transcriptomics (RNA-seq, scRNA-seq).
- Additional experience with other omics methods is a plus
- Proficiency in English both written and spoken
- Attention to details
Desired Personal traits
- Open, honest, and transparent communication
- Ability to collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance while consistently exercising good judgment
- Growth mindset