In Thermo Fisher Scientific Brno, we develop and produce high-tech electron microscopes and spectrometers. Our devices are involved in research of ZIKA virus, HIV, and they also enable mobile phones to get smaller. Our work contributes to making the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We are the biggest production site of electron microscopes worldwide, following a tradition over 70 years long. There are many experts in physics, electronics, software, mechanical engineering and logistics among us.
Scientist in Advanced Technology group works at the intersection of the development, scientific community and business. This person continually collaborates with colleagues in Advanced technology team as well as Applications, Systems and Software groups on proof of principle and proof of concept activities leading to new technology solutions for important customer issues.
Scientist in Advanced technology group develops detailed domain knowledge in area of expertise and serves as consultation and scientific advisory in his/her domain for colleagues from other departments.
Scientist in Advanced technology actively seeks new technology opportunities and participates on internal and external collaboration projects.
- Creation, planning and execution of proof of concept and proof of principle theoretical and experimental studies in area of signal (electron, ion, photon) detection and analytical methods (spectroscopy) applicable in SEM and FIB environment.
- Active support and leadership of early adopter activities with selected internal and/or external customers proving viability of new technology concepts for customer workflows.
- Translation of customer needs into proposals of workable solutions and technical specifications
- Contribution & leadership of collaboration projects with academic, research or industrial partners and suppliers.
- Supervision and support of transfer and integration of new technologies to product development, advisory, consultation, collaboration on test specification for integration teams.
- Presentation of results on internal reviews or conferences.
- Support of other not only R&D departments in area of expertise.
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR:
- MSc. or PhD. In Physics, Physical Engineering, Material Science or related fields.
- 2-5 years of research, development or engineering experience in high tech area or academia.
- Experience with technologies related to electron microscopy, spectroscopy or adjacent disciplines would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a small team.
- Creative and goal-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Strong scientific background and technology overview in area of expertise including physical principles of signal detection, design and execution of scientific experiments and result interpretation and presentation.
- Language skills (English).
HOW DO WE MOTIVATE YOU:
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH.
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training).
- Modern work environment.
Location: CTP Brno – Slatina
Vlastimila Pecha 12, Brno 666 01
+420 737 430 952