The Loschmidt Laboratories at Masaryk University conduct research to understand the structure-function relationships of proteins and improve their functionalities for biotechnology and biomedicine. We study the mechanism of Alzheimer’s disease and develop novel drugs for acute stroke.
Challenging research topics:
- Fundamental understanding of civilization diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Computational enzyme design and discovery
- Structural analysis of bioluminescent proteins
- Machine learning for protein engineering
- Microfluidics in enzymology and protein research
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment
- Opportunities for experience in private sector
- Personal growth, competitive salary and benefits package
For more information, please contact Sarka Nevolova at email@example.com
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the South Moravian Region capital, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.