Opened research scientist position in the Department of Nanostructured Polymers and Composites in the Institute of Macromolecular chemistry AS CR v.v.i, Heyrovskeho nám. 2, Prague 6, Czech Republic. Tender for the position is in agreement with law n. 283/1992 Sb. about Academy of Czech Sciences amended by act n. 420/2005Sb.
in the Department of Nanostructured Polymers and Composites
The research activities involve determination of general relationships; formation – structure – properties of the nanostructured polymers, in order to gain a general understanding of the processes of nanocomposite formation and of the effects governing the material properties. The candidate will be responsible for upgrade of thermoset composites via self-assembly structures based on modified carbon nanoplatelets including control of interphase parameters in analogous carbon-fibre composites.
More information about the research group and current projects available at the web page of this department
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Technology, Material Science or similar disciplines, PhD in the field of Polymer Chemistry and Physics is an advantage,
- research experience in the field of polymer materials,
- experience with polymer analysis and characterization methods of the prepared materials (GPC, NMR, FTIR, DSC, TGA, SAXS, WAXS, DMA, mechanical testing, etc.),
- active and creative approach to scientific and technical challenges,
- interest in learning new skills,
- ability to work both individually and in scientific team,
- good English communication skills (spoken and written),
- postdoc stay abroad and publication activity are an advantage.
- interesting research work in the field of new materials in a friendly atmosphere,
- participation on international and national research projects,
- participation on cooperative research with industrial partners,
- access to number of instrumental facilities,
- personal development possibilities – seminars, courses, conferences,
- work in an international team,
- flexible working hours, allowances for meals, employee benefits, 5 weeks of holiday, kindergarten for children 2-6 years,
- possibility of a research stay abroad.
Please, send your Application (detailed CV + cover letter) to Vladimír Fencl, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 296 809 385.
For further details please contact Ivan Kelnar (email@example.com, tel. 296 809 330).
Please sent your application to 15. 10. 2020
Starting date: 1. 11. 2020, or by agreement