Director of Institute of Environmental Technology VSB – Technical University of Ostrava
announces a selection procedure for a post of
Research Fellow/Assistant professor in EBEAM Centre
The position is suitable for both women and men.
Unleash Your Expertise in Advanced 2D Materials Synthesis
Are you an ambitious researcher with a passion for pushing the boundaries of materials science? The Electron Beam Precision Manufacturing (EBEAM) Centre, an ERA Chair group headed by Prof. Mark H. Rümmeli, is on the lookout for talented individuals to join us as Postdocs or Associate Professors. Seize the opportunity to redefine the possibilities of nanomaterials synthesis!
As a key member of the EBEAM Centre, you will contribute to groundbreaking research in the synthesis of 2D materials using Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) driven by the electron beam with additional drivers such as heat and local gas injection. This is not conventional synthesis – it’s a chance to pioneer new approaches and be at the forefront of precision manufacturing at or near the atomic level.
- 2D Materials Synthesis: Spearhead research in the synthesis of 2D materials using SEM-driven techniques.
- Electron Beam Precision: Drive advancements in precision manufacturing at the atomic level, pushing the boundaries of current technology.
- Innovative Leadership: Train and mentor a dynamic team of researchers, fostering innovation and collaboration.
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Nanotechnology, or a related field.
- Specialized Expertise: Demonstrated hands-on experience in SEM use as well as nanomaterials (in particular 2D) materials synthesis.
- Visionary Leadership: Proven ability to lead and inspire researchers towards groundbreaking discoveries.
Why Join EBEAM Centre?
- Pioneer Nanotechnology: Lead the charge in redefining nanomaterials synthesis using state-of-the-art SEM techniques.
- International Collaboration: Work alongside a diverse team of global experts, driving innovation and excellence.
- Cutting-edge Facilities: Access cutting-edge facilities to support your groundbreaking research.
- Innovate for the Future: Shape the future of precision manufacturing and materials science.
If you are ready to embark on a transformative journey, pushing the boundaries of conventional synthesis and driving innovation in the field of 2D materials, we invite you to apply. Be part of the EBEAM Centre’s vision and make history in the realm of nanotechnology.
Full time equivalent: 1,0
Type of job contract: fixed-term employment contract with the possibility of extension
Anticipated commencement: February 2024 or as agreed
Number of positions: at least 4 positions are available within our team
- work in a promising organization,
- salary evaluation according to the candidate’s experience,
- modern laboratory and classroom facilities,
- opportunity to participate in excellent research,
- flexible working hours,
- university kindergarten ,
- 6 weeks of holidays,
- free parking for employees on the university campus,
- company catering in the canteen,
- MultiSport card,
- other employee benefits according to the employer’s offer.
The EBEAM Centre is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. The working language is English.
Your personal data will be processed only to the extent necessary for the execution of the selection procedure in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679
In the subject of the email, please state “ Research fellow/Assistant professor in EBEAM„.
We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the exciting possibilities of joining the EBEAM Centre’s innovative team.
Candidate selection for this position will be based on a comprehensive evaluation of their academic credentials, research achievements, potential for future contribution to the field, alignment with the department’s strategic goals, and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with peers and students.
Based on the CVs submitted, the selected candidates will be invited for an interview on an ongoing basis.