Postdoc or research fellow position is available to join the Complex Networks and Brain Dynamics group for the project: “Modelling and analysis of complex systems for safety of critical infrastructures“ as part of the National Center of Competence – Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence funded by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic, and related projects.
The project involves developing, implementing, optimizing and applying techniques for detection and prediction of critical events and regime transitions and their propagation in complex networks, with applications in societally important real-world systems such as social and communication networks, computer networks and large-scale industrial systems.
- Period: 6 months duration (with possible extension up to 30 months based on project progress)
- Contact Person: Ing. Mgr. Jaroslav Hlinka, Ph.D.
- Deadline: until positions are filled
- Initial contract is for 6 months duration (with possible extension up to 30 months based on project progress).
- Positions are available immediately with starting date upon agreement.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with cut-off point on 31. 7. 2022.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Monthly gross salary: 45 000 – 54 000 CZK based on qualifications and experience. Cost Of Living Comparison
- Bonuses depending on performance and travel funding for conferences and research stays.
- No teaching duties.
- Applicants should:
- Hold a PhD in mathematics, computer science, complex systems or a related discipline (applications for a part-time doctoral position will be also considered; supervision of related PhD thesis topics possible at the Czech Technical University or Charles University).
- Have strong statistical and/or machine learning data analysis skills with practical programming experience.
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers.
- Prior experience with time series and network analysis is advantageous, but not required.
- The applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to email@example.com.
- A proof of the obtained degree.