The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i.* invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in Plasmonics for Biosensing. Join the Optical Biosensors research team (team leader Prof. Jiří Homola) and contribute to cutting-edge research in plasmonics and biosensing.
The selected candidate will carry out research into plasmonic (nano)structures and their applications in optical affinity biosensors for the detection of biomolecules related to biomedicine and the investigation of biomolecular interactions.
Specific tasks include:
- theoretical analysis and design of plasmonic nanostructures;
- theoretical analysis of the potential performance of biosensors based on plasmonic nanostructures;
- analysis of theoretical and experimental data concerning optical and biosensing characteristics of plasmonic nanostructures.
Requirements and essential skills
- Ph.D. degree in optics, optoelectronics, physics, electrical engineering, or similar;
- strong publication record in the field of plasmonic or photonic nanostructures;
- expertise and hands-on experience in theoretical analysis and design of optical (nano)structures including the use of advanced simulation tools (i.e., Ansys Lumerical FDTD, RCWA, BEM, COMSOL, CST Studio Suite);
- ability to efficiently communicate with other team members and supervise students;
- good command of written and spoken English;
- knowledge of nanofabrication methods is of advantage;
- knowledge of optical (bio)sensing principles is of advantage.
- Participation in exciting multidisciplinary research projects with a high societal impact;
- work in an international and inclusive research team and institution;
- outstanding research infrastructure, including computational resources (incl. in-house-built and commercial simulation software packages), optical labs, cleanroom facilities (incl. electron-beam lithography system, and a 2-photon-polymerization 3D printer) and support from professional lab technicians;
- full-time employment with five weeks of vacation and other benefits.
Terms of employment
The initial period of employment is one year (with the possibility of an extension), starting in October or upon agreement.
To apply, please, respond to our HR specialist Mrs. Simona Motlová (email firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following documents:
- letter of application (cover letter),
- list of publications.
In the subject line of your email, please, state that you are applying for a Postdoctoral research fellow position in Plasmonics for Biosensing.
* The selection procedure is announced in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic.