A Postdoc or Junior scientist position is available to join the Complex Networks and Brain Dynamics group for the project: “Predicting functional outcome in schizophrenia from multimodal neuroimaging and clinical data“ funded by the Czech Health Research Council.
The project involves the development of tools to predict the functional outcome of schizophrenia from multimodal neuroimaging, clinical and cognitive measurements taken early after disease onset. To overcome limitations due to high dimensionality of data, we combine robust machine-learning tools, data-driven feature selection and theory-based brain network priors.
The project is carried out in collaboration with the National Institute of Mental Health, using its unique large rich imaging, cognitive and biochemical data of early stage schizophrenia patients.
- Contract is of 12-30 months duration (with possibility of a follow-up tenure-track application).
- Starting date: position is available immediately
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a first cut-off point on 30.6.2022
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Monthly gross salary: 40000 – 47 000 CZK based on qualifications and experience.
Cost Of Living Comparison
- Bonuses depending on performance and travel funding for conferences and research stays.
- Contribution for reallocation costs for succesful applicant coming from abroad: 10 000 CZK plus 10 000 CZK for family (spouse and/or children).
- No teaching duties
- Applicants should:
- Hold a PhD in statistics, computer science, data science, neuroimaging or a related discipline (applications for a part-time doctoral position will be also considered for exceptional candidates; supervision of related PhD thesis topics possible at the Czech Technical University or Charles University).
- Have strong machine learning/computers science/statistical/data science skills with strong practical programming experience.
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers.
- Prior experience with neuroimaging data analysis is advantageous, although not strictly required at the point of application, however expect a steep learning curve to gain necessary domain expertize!
The applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation, sent directly to email@example.com.
- A proof of the obtained degree.
Do not hesitate to contact the principal investigator for informal inquiries concerning the position: Jaroslav Hlinka, hlinka[at]cs.cas.cz, http://www.cs.cas.cz/hlinka/