Institute of Computer Science, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech republic
A Postdoc or Junior Scientist position is available to join the Complex Networks and Brain Dynamics group for the project: “Network modelling of complex systems: from correlation graphs to information hypergraphs“ funded by the Czech Science Foundation.
The project involves developing, optimizing and applying techniques for modelling complex dynamical systems beyond the currently available methods of complex network analysis and game theory. The project is carried out in collaboration with the Artificial Intelligence Center of the Czech Technical University.
- Contract is of 18 months duration (with the possibility of follow-up tenure-track application).
- Starting date: position is available immediately.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a first cut-off point on 30. 9. 2022.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Monthly gross salary: 42 000 – 48 000 CZK based on qualifications and experience.
Cost Of Living Comparison
- Bonuses depending on performance and travel funding for conferences and research stays.
- Contribution for reallocation costs for succesful applicant coming from abroad: 10 000 CZK plus 10 000 CZK for family (spouse and/or children).
- No teaching duties
- Hold a PhD. in mathematics, statistics, computer science, complex systems or a related discipline (applications for a part-time doctoral position will be also considered for exceptional candidates; supervision of related PhD thesis topics possible at the Czech Technical University or Charles University).
- Have strong mathematical/computers science/statistical/machine learning skills with some practical programming experience.
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers.
- Prior experience with information theory is advantageous, but not required at the point of application
The applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation, sent directly to email@example.com.
- A proof of the obtained degree.
Do not hesitate to contact the Principal Investigator for informal inquiries concerning the position: Ing. Mgr. Jaroslav Hlinka, Ph.D. hlinka[at]cs.cas.cz, http://www.cs.cas.cz/hlinka/