The group of Dr. Michael Mareš, located at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague, Czech Republic, is looking for a young talented and highly motivated postdoctoral fellow. The research will be focused on cathepsins and other proteolytic enzymes as drug targets in biomedicine and new mechanisms of their regulation. The position is available immediately.
- PhD degree and practical experience in structural biology, protein crystallography, and protein biochemistry.
- Self-motivated person with a strong commitment to basic research
- Competitive salary
- Full time or part-time job
- 5 weeks holiday + 3 sick days
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance/life insurance, contribution to sports/culture/leisure time, meals subsidized by the employer, flexible working hours, etc.
- Walking distance from the subway station (tube station) Dejvická
- An international working environment with top of the line equipment
- Availability: immediately
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague (www.uochb.cz) is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.