ELI Beamlines research centre in Dolní Břežany is a part of pan-European infrastructure ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) representing a unique tool of support of scientific excellence in Europe by making available its capacities to the best scientific teams across the world. One of the aims of ELI Beamlines is to create the highest power kJ class laser system in the world and to operate it on a long-term basis. Due to ultra-high performances of 10 PW and concentrated intensities of up to 1024 W/cm2, we can offer our users a unique source of radiation and beams of accelerated particles. These beamlines are enabling ground-breaking research in the areas of physics and science dealing with materials, but also in biomedicine or laboratory astrophysics and many other fields. ELI Beamlines is part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their human resources strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
ELI Beamlines facility is building a new laboratory for coating of very large high power laser optics with sizes >1m. The laboratory will be equipped with new machines, metrology and optics handling systems. We are seeking a motivated candidate for the position of:
Postdoctoral Fellow – High Power Coating physics (IV-64)
The candidate is expected to mostly:
- contribute to specifications and purchasing of new equipment of the coating lab
- collaborate with international partners and develop coating recipes/processes with high laser induced damage threshold
- master optical metrology systems
- coordinate coating lab daily operations
- participate in damage testing campaigns
- experience with coating laser quality optics
- PhD in physics (physical chemistry) highly welcome – can be replaced by >5y experience in the field
- fluent English language
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- very challenging and creative work
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- nice working environment
- career growth
- lunch vouchers, pension contribution and 5 unjustified sick days
- support of leisure time activities
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 – 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data