A postdoctoral associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Zuzana Keckesova at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS, Prague. IOCB is a renowned interdisciplinary scientific institute with a blend of highly qualified and innovative chemists, biologists, biochemists, and biophysicists that engage in frequent fruitful collaborations. It has developed a well-refined infrastructure with many excellent core facilities and state-of-the-art equipment.
Dr. Keckesova’s lab aims to identify and characterize new tumor suppressor pathways and circuitries in human cells with the ultimate goal of translating this new knowledge into therapeutic use.
- Enthusiastic, independent, and highly motivated postdoctoral associates with a background in cancer biology, molecular biology, metabolism, or biochemistry;
- Good English-speaking skills are necessary; Institute is multi-national and managed in the English language.
- Good salary
- Full-time fixed-term contract for 1 year, with the potential of extension up to 5 years
- 5 weeks of vacation plus 3 sick days
- Health insurance and full benefits package incl. contribution to supplementary pension insurance and contribution to sports/culture/leisure time
- Meals subsidy
- Financial support for mothers with young children
- Located in the stunning city of Prague, our research facilities feature a state-of-the-art instrumentation portfolio
- The starting date is flexible (anytime in 2022).
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV including names and contact information of two references to email@example.com.
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences / IOCB Prague is a leading internationally recognized scientific institution whose primary mission is the pursuit of basic research in chemical biology and medicinal chemistry, organic and materials chemistry, chemistry of natural substances, biochemistry and molecular biology, physical chemistry, theoretical chemistry, and analytical chemistry. An integral part of the IOCB Prague’s mission is the implementation of the results of basic research in practice. Emphasis on interdisciplinary research gives rise to a wide range of applications in medicine, pharmacy, and other fields.