We are looking for a postdoctoral research fellow or senior researcher with experience in cosmic rays and air-shower phenomenology.
The successful candidate will be working on analysis of simulated air showers and their properties based on modifications of hadronic interaction models. The candidate will also be analyzing data of the Pierre Auger Observatory.
What you will do:
- Develop analysis techniques
- Produce simulations of extensive air-showers
- Participate in the international cosmic-ray experiment Pierre Auger Observatory
- Present results within international collaboration of the Pierre Auger Observatory
- Work within a team of experimental and phenomenology-based physicists
- Continuous learning
- Writing of research papers
- PhD degree in particle physics or astrophysics
- International experience
- Experience with the data analysis and production of simulations from cosmic-ray physics
- Good skills in Machine Learning methods are an advantage
- Creative thinking and proactive problem solving
- Independent thinking and decision making
- Eager to learn and share knowledge
- Advanced communication skills
- Advanced organization and time management skills
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Interesting work in astroparticle physics field connecting phenomenology and experiment
- Working in the international environment of large collaboration
- Participation in multidisciplinary scientific projects
- Working in an international team and a stimulating environment
- Training and development (seminars, workshops, conferences, high-quality language courses, soft skills training)
- A competitive salary
- Support of your work-life balance – flexible work hours, work from home
- Multisport card, meal allowance, 25 days of vacation + 6 days of personal leave/year and other benefits
- More information is available at: Why FZU? | FZU
Terms of employment:
Start of employment beginning of 2024
Full-time (40 hours/week)
1-year contract with possible extension upon mutual agreement up to extra 4 years
Please send your application including a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by November 30th, 2023.
For additional information please contact directly Dr. Jakub Vícha, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FZU – Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a leading public research institution located in Prague, Czech Republic. FZU is the largest institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1100 employees. FZU pursues high-quality, innovative, and ground-breaking fundamental and applied research. Our researchers try to understand and explain the basic phenomena and processes of this world and respond to the current scientific and technical challenges of society.
Information regarding personal data processing and access to personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences: https://www.fzu.cz/en/about-fzu/official-noticeboard/processing-of-personal-data