CALL FOR NEW POSTDOC POSITION – Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry CAS, Heyrovského nám. 2, Prague 6, announces an open position in agreement with Law No. 283/1992 Sb. about Czech Academy of Sciences, as amended of Law No. 420/2005 Sb. and Conditions CAS, looking for R&D scientist to work in Biological Models Department.
Research in Department of Biological Models is focused mainly on testing of promising polymer conjugates (therapeutics) suitable for treatment of cancer, acute and chronic inflammation, or conjugates applicable for imaging methods (MRI, fluorescence-guided surgery etc.). Applicant will be responsible for suitability assessment of prepared conjugates for required aims using widespread portfolio of in vitro or in vivo molecular biologic methods.
For more information about department and research projects please find out our website:
Successful candidates should fulfil following conditions:
- A recent Ph.D. with molecular-biological, immunological or biochemical specialization.
Strong background in the field of molecular biology and/or immunology, or cancer biology.
- Previous experience with basic molecular biological methods such as colorimetric cytotoxicity evaluation, transfection, PCR or western blot.
- Fluent spoken and written English (min. B2 level).
- Active and creative approach to solve scientific problems.
- Ability of independent thinking and decision-making.
- Attending a research fellowship abroad is an advantage.
- Diverse and interesting work in the field of translational research with focus on testing of promising polymer nanomaterials for cancer treatment (immuno-oncotherapy) and treatment of acute or chronic inflammation, and their modification for clinical applications.
- Participation in Czech and international scientific projects.
- Possibility of internship abroad.
- Possibility of further education – conferences, specialized courses (for example advanced microscopy – FLIM, STORM or RT-PCR).
- Flexible working hours, employee benefits, 5 weeks of vacation, day care for children (age 2 – 6 years).
For more detailed information about offered position please contact Mgr. Marcela Filipová, Ph.D. (email: email@example.com, phone: +420 296 809 224)
To apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae including list of your publication and two reference contacts to email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sent your application no later than March 15, 2020
The position is available immediately.