Institute of Plasma Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IPP CAS) has initiated construction of a new medium-sized scientific experiment in the field of thermonuclear fusion research – the COMPASS-Upgrade tokamak. For optimizing the plasma discharge performance, we need to develop a so-called Flight Simulator – a fast numerical tool modelling the entire tokamak in a heavily simplified form.
IPP CAS is looking for plasma physicist who will be involved in the development of Flight Simulator for COMPASS-U. The position will be open in the Theory and modelling group within the Tokamak department. The duration is 3 years and can be extended further.
- development and maintenance of the flight simulator for the COMPASS-U
- participation in scientific activities of the Theory and Modelling group
Requirements and skills
- Education: University education in plasma physics, or relevant disciplines
- Programming languages: Python, C and/or C++, Fortran
- Working knowledge: English
- Experience in the numerical modelling in fusion relevant plasma physics
- full-time employment
- work on a unique scientific project
- five weeks of vacation per year, sick days
- flexible start and end of working hours meal tickets, and other benefits
For further details, please contact
David Tskhakaya, firstname.lastname@example.org .