The Institute of Photonics and Electronics in accordance with the Act No.283/1992 of the Czech Academy of Sciences, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, announces an open position for postdoctoral research fellow.
Do you love molecules and computers? Do you want to work on exciting projects at the interface of bionanotechnology and electromagnetics? Then apply for this position!
At the Bioelectrodynamics research team (Institute of Photonics and Electronics of the Czech Academy of Sciences), we are looking for a highly motivated researcher for modeling electromagnetic properties of cytoskeleton protein systems. To that end, you will employ classical molecular dynamics, modal analysis, and coarse-grained modeling to understand a dielectric response and vibrational modes of solvated proteins as well as the response of proteins to ultrashort and sub THz external electric field.
We expect you to be comfortable working with/managing Linux OS needed for your work.
Your molecular models will guide the experiments and will be verified by your colleagues using chip-based spectroscopy and advanced microscopy imaging approaches.
This position is offered within the project funded by national excellent fundamental research program EXPRO. The grand goal of the project is to probe and control protein nanosystems using ultrashort microwave and sub THz pulses. Your results will contribute to the development of novel electromagnetic technologies for gentler and more effective biomedicine and bionanotechnology of the future.
- PhD in computationally and molecularly oriented biophysics, chemistry, biomedical engineering or similar,
- Very good communication skills and the ability to work in a team-focused environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The Czech Academy of Sciences is an internationally highly ranked research institution with exceptional quality growth.
At the Institute of Photonics and Electronics of CAS, we offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment, work in a multidisciplinary research team, and excellent research infrastructure.
We ensure strong support for career growth towards professional and scientific independence.
Above that we offer:
- 5 weeks of vacation + 3 sick days benefit (in case of a full-time contract)
- Flexible working hours
- Annual performance bonus
- A friendly team of supporting colleagues
- Modern educational courses and training for continuous professional and scientific development
- Sport allowance – MultiSport card, catering contribution, team building events
- Full-time employment contract for 2 years (with the possibility of an extension)
Please apply through the application link and instructions therein.
Deadline for application: 2nd November 2020
Starting date of the position: as soon as possible.