The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European Union plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines was opened in 2015 as a cutting edge laser facility and currently is starting to offer open access beamtime to users. ELI-Beamlines is delivering ultrashort, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few femtoseconds (12-150 fs) with peak powers ranging from 5 TW up to 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over wide range intensities for wide range of interdisciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities of the laser pulse is also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+. ELI Beamlines is a part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their human resources strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
The research group RP2 (Laser driven X-ray sources) is expanding and recruiting physicists in relevant fields for implementation and further development of the sources (plasma betatron or inverse Compton source). In our team we therefore have the following position available: Postdoc
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- development of an X-ray source based on laser driven relativistic electrons, its diagnostics, and application experiments
- participation in implementation and verification of the source driven by a 10Hz 1 PW laser at ELI Beamlines facility
- further research and development of the sources and application experiments
- PhD in physics or related field
- experience with laser-driven X-ray sources and/or X-ray optics
- good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary
- team player with good communication skills
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- career growth, professional education
- competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 – 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data