The Rector of the University of Ostrava is seeking to recruit
- Director of the Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations – Divison of the University of Ostrava – Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling (CE IT4I – IRAFM).
CE IT4I – IRAFM is a research institute that is one of the 7 organizational units forming the University of Ostrava. Its scientific scope focuses on mathematical and computer science methods from the fields of artificial and computational intelligence, such as, fuzzy modeling, algebraic and logical foundations of approximate reasoning, deep neural networks and machine vision, or topological dynamics. For more details, see website of the institute.
The Director of the Institute is a senior University manager with responsibility for the running of the institute and with responsibility towards the university.
As such he/she is accountable for:
- The leadership of the Institute ensuring its objectives are aligned with the University strategy.
- The effective governance and management of the Institute to ensure its performance continually improves.
Expected Start Date
- June 1st 2023 (another agreement is possible)
Estimated Amount of Work
Contract of employment
- Contract for an indefinite period with a six-month trial period. This is a position with the possibility of recall and resignation.
- The salary depends on the experience of the candidate.
Language in Which the Selection Process Will Be Conducted
- In Czech language.
- English language competency at least C1 level.
- Czech language competency at least B2 level.
- EU research level: R4 – leader.
- Demonstrated a systematic understanding of a field of study and mastery of research associated with the field.
- Strong organisational skills and leadership competencies.
- PhD degree (or a comparable degree from abroad) in mathematics or computer science.
- Knowledge of the science funding system in the Czech Republic and the EU.
- You will be responsible for leadership, strategic direction, staff management, and financial and infrastructure management IRAFM.
- Recruiting, supervising, and mentoring the IRAFM staff.
- Identifying and creating opportunities for further research grants.
- Establish and manage a top scientific team.
- Coordination and development of research activities, leadership of the research team.
List of Documents Required from the Applicant in Czech or English language
- Concept (key points) of a prospective development strategy of the Institute; (maximum 3 A4 pages). In Czech or English language.
- Structured professional CV with an overview of publishing activities. In Czech or English language.
- Evidence of formal qualifications/education. In Czech or English language.
- Consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of the selection procedure. In Czech or English language.
- Fulfilment of requirements to perform this job position pursuant the Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Act is applicable only to Czech citizens born before December 1, 1971; these citizens need to present the lustration certificate or declaration on honour).
Delivery of the Application and Required Documents from the Applicant
Please deliver the above documents to the following address: email@example.com
Deadline for on-time applications
- April 15th 2023
The Rector of the University of Ostrava reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal/on-line interview and the right to also not select any candidate. The Rector of the University of Ostrava may also cancel or repeat the selection procedure.
University of Ostrava
JUDr. Jana Pająk, LL.M., MBA
Head of HR Department
Rectorate – Welcome Centre
702 00 Ostrava