Despite technical advances and numerous experimental evidence, only recently became widely accepted the concept, that mechanical cues and properties of culture environment play crucial role in modulating cell behaviors. However, molecular foundations, that mediate microenvironment stiffness-induced development of liver pathologies are still not fully understood.
Intern will learn following techniques and methods:
- Standard cell culturing and 3D cell culturing;
- Cytotoxicity studies (alamarBlue assay, propidium iodide staining);
- Cell signalling analysis (immunoblot techniques);
- Protein function analysis (immunofluorescence);
- Different microscopy techniques (confocal, spinning disk, epi-fluorescent).
Goal during internship: to grow and characterize 3D hepatic multicellular system.