The director of CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Postdoctoral Fellow – Magneto-ionic devices for neuromorphic computing
Postdoktorand – Magneto-iontová zařízení pro neuromorfní výpočty
The position is open within the framework of an EIC Pathfinder project METASPIN – Metaplastic spintronic synapses. Within METASPIN we will develop a new class of neuromorphic hardware that will use magneto-ionics to support synaptic metaplasticity (https://metaspin.c2n.universite-paris-saclay.fr/). This work will be undertaken in the research team led by Dr. Vojtěch Uhlíř in collaboration with Dr. Michal Urbánek (CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure), as a part of the METASPIN consortium.
We are looking for an experimental physicist working in the field of condensed matter physics with experience in nanofabrication of experimental devices. Experience with antiferromagnets, magneto-ionics and spintronics will be a great advantage.
- Good knowledge of solid state physics is a must.
- Hands-on experience with nanolithography is a must.
- Ability to carry out the research projects independently, interpret the data and write manuscripts.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative, and persistence.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC Nano research infrastructure and laboratories (https://nano.ceitec.cz).
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- Fully English-speaking environment.
- Highly motivating environment and supportive team members with diverse backgrounds (https://magnetism.ceitec.cz/).
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Wide international network of collaborators.
Interested candidates should provide:
- Detailed CV including a list of publications.
- Cover letter stating the motivation, his/her contribution to the field and vision.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement. The sooner the better.
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- 6 weeks of holidays.
- Full time job – 40 hours per week.
- Place: CEITEC BUT, Purkyňova 123, Brno, Czech Republic.
Electronic applications including all required items should be submitted to e-mail email@example.com by May 31th, 2023 and quote “Metaspin” in the subject.