The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Core Facility Scientist – Nanofabrication Process Specialist
The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno University of Technology is the largest cleanroom nano-centre located in the Czech Republic. It provides complex equipment, expertise, and methods for R&D in nanotechnology and advanced materials. The facility includes nanofabrication, nano-characterization, structural analysis, and X-ray computed tomography. We carry out complete fabrication and characterization of nanostructures and nano-devices in an entirely clean environment.
For additional information about CEITEC Nano, please visit http://nano.ceitec.cz.
We are inviting applications from qualified research candidates for the Nanofabrication Process Specialist position in the CEITEC Nano facility.
The process specialist will be responsible for optimizing technology processes and ensuring process-flow within the nanofabrication laboratory. Suitable candidates should have experience with micro- and nanofabrication techniques, equipment operation with appropriate parameters, and experience working in an ISO-5 clean room laboratory.
- Technology processes and process-flow within the nanofabrication laboratory.
- Technological management of nanofabrication projects commissioned by academic or commercial customers and assistance to users of the CEITEC Nano research infrastructure with their projects.
- Support selection, tenders, and installation of new instruments.
- Assist the Head of the nanofabrication lab and other staff with the development and enforcing of safety and operational protocols.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in natural sciences or engineering.
- Experience with various nanofabrication techniques:
- Lithography (EBL, Photolithography),
- Etching in particular (DRIE, RIE, IBE),
- Deposition techniques (CVD, PVD).
- Experience with the characterization of micro- and nanostructures, including optical microscopy, AFM, and SEM.
- Experience with project management:
- Communication with the customer,
- Technology plan,
- Supervision of implementation.
- Broad nanofabrication experience in terms of both process development and equipment troubleshooting/maintenance/repair.
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent communication skills. Ability to work independently as well in a team.
- Knowledge of safety and health issues concerning cleanroom equipment, operations, handling of hazardous chemicals, gasses, and waste disposal.
- Interesting permanent-position job in state-of-the-art academic cleanroom nanocentre.
- Competitive salary, performance bonuses.
- Further training and personal development, esp. participation in workshops and conferences.
- Six weeks holiday.
· 1.4. 2021 / Negotiable
Please send an Application including a Cover letter stating the motivation for applying, a CV with contact information and statement covering your experience in relevant areas (nanofabrication technology processes), name and contact details of two referees from two distinct institutions by email to email@example.com by March 7th, 2021 and quote the “Nanofabrication Process Specialist” in the subject.