The Dean of the Faculty of Science of the University of Ostrava announces a job vacancy at the Department of Mathematics
- Assistant Professor with a focus on mathematics
Type of systemized position
- Assistant Professor
Expected Start Date
- March 1st, 2023 (or by agreement)
Estimated Amount of Work
- 100 % (or by agreement)
Contract of Employment
- fixed-term contract (maximum 3 years)
- according to the Internal Wage Regulations of UO
Qualification and other Requirements
- Ph.D. degree in mathematics or related field of education (or a Ph.D. student with the aim to complete Ph.D. studies until one year – it is necessary to submit the opinion of the chairman of the subject area board on the phase of study)
- ability to teach in Czech (Czech language – level B2), or the ability to reach the declared level within 1 year after starting work
- publication activities in the field of mathematics
- EU research level: R2 – Recognized
- English language competency B2 or higher
- teaching subjects focused on mathematics (seminars and tutorials), especially subjects from the field of statistics, numeral mathematics, work with mathematical software and basic mathematical courses
- scientific activity in the field of mathematics
- cooperation in supervising and opposing bachelor’s and diploma’s theses
- activities (organizational and pedagogical) related to and arising from the positions of assistant professor
List of Documents required from the Applicant
- consent to the processing of personal data for the purpose of the selection procedure
- professional CV with an overview of previous experience and publishing activities
- letter of intent
- copies of the degree certificates or academic transcript
Date, Method, Form, and Place for the Delivery of the Application and Required Documents from the Applicant
All the documents required are to be sent to email@example.com by February 15th, 2023.
The first round of the selection procedure will take place without the personal presence of the applicants by the assessment of the submitted materials by the selection committee.
The Dean of the Faculty of Science reserves the right to invite only selected candidates to a personal meeting and also the right to select no candidate. The Dean of the Faculty of Science is also entitled to cancel or repeat the selection procedure.
The selection procedure will be conducted in Czech or English.