Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, hereby invites applications for the following position:
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor for the Department of Biophysics and Physical Chemistry
- PhD in the field of mathematical biology, computer simulations for drugs discovery (docking) or biomedical processes, pharmacometrics, biostatistics, physical chemistry, biophysics or in a related field (or fulfilment of the prerequisites for awarding the degree of PhD)
- active knowledge of English
- at least basic knowledge of Czech or willingness to learn Czech
- publishing activities in the field
- prerequisites for additional teaching and research activities in the field
- ability to work well in a team
The successful candidate will be expected to obtain external fundings (Primus, GA ČR, AZV etc.) to conduct research in applied mathematics, biostatistics or physical chemistry and help guide research efforts in their areas of expertise. In addition to research, this individual will teach appropriate courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, engage in scholarly activities, participate in outreach and service activities, and contribute to the distance learning activities.
What we offer:
- amount of work by agreement
- a fixed-term employment contract with the opportunity to transition to an open-term contract (in accordance with the Career Regulations of the Faculty of Pharmacy of Charles University)
- possibility to establish own research group
- eight weeks of holiday per year and five days of self-development
- discounted calls for employees and their families
- allowance for meals and other contributions from the social fund (e.g. pension insurance or private life insurance, interest on a loan for housing needs)
- FAFÍK – children’s group (opportunity to take advantage of the services of the children’s group for the children of faculty employees)
- ČSOB motivation programme (extra benefits package for all employees)
- Charles University benefits (discounts and benefits for Charles University employees at establishments outside Charles University)
Applications with a motivation letter, detailed academic CV, an overview of experience, copies of university diploma, and/or confirmation of academic and education degrees, and an acknowledgment about providing personal data should be sent by post or email to Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department, Faculty of Pharmacy of Charles University, at the address Akademika Heyrovského 1203, 500 05 Hradec Králové, Czech Republic, until 31 August 2022 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For informal enquires concerning the position you can contact doc. Dipl.- Math. Erika Jurjena Duintjera Tebbense, Ph.D. head of the Department of Biophysics and Physical Chemistry: email@example.com.
More detailed information about the department can be found at the following links:
Label the envelope containing the application materials with the following:
“Position at the the Department of Biophysics and Physical Chemistry”
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Anticipated start date: 01 October 2022 or by agreement.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download on the faculty website: Careers | Vědecký portál – Farmaceutická fakulta UK (cuni.cz)