When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best.
With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Who do we look for?
- We are looking for an engineer/scientist with a background in electron microscopy with hands-on experience as an operator/user of a TEM system.
- The position is appropriate for an excellent graduate or a candidate with 3-7 years of experience.
- MSc or, in Materials Science, Physics or Engineering.
- Ability to work independently as well as in the team
- Demonstrated experience of using a software in complex products with extensive hardware interactions
- Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational optimization experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes and various energy dispersive spectrometers nor other analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of programming would be an advantage
- Strong communicative skills (both verbal and written)
- Result oriented, ability to work under pressure
- Ability to write (scientific) papers and other publications
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally and possession of a valid passport (25%)
- Language skills (English), willing to learn Czech.
What projects will you work on?
- The Applications engineer works at the intersection of the development, sales support and the scientific community.
- This person will continually collaborate with both our Applications, Systems and Software groups to ensure system requirements are well understood, developed, integrated and thoroughly tested.
- Due to the extensive integration of hardware and software in all company products the successful Application Specialist will develop a detailed in-depth understanding of the application of our tools and the implications of using and testing software when complex hardware interactions are at stake.
- The Applications engineer will also provide customer and market feedback to Product Marketing and Program Execution Managers; will participate in defining the needs for new applications development.
- This person may also conduct customer demonstrations and jobs (e.g. for concept-proof of new applications), an in technical discussions and cooperate on specialized training with the customers.
- The function is based in Brno, the Czech Republic.
How do we motivate you?
- Opportunity to be part of a successful international company specialized in HI TECH
- Interesting compensation package and an extensive package of benefits (insurance, multisport card, relax room, sports and company events)
- Training and development support (language, professional hard/soft skills training)
- Modern work environment
Research & Development
Country / State – City
Czech Republic – Brno
No. of Positions