Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member :
Academic Research Fellow for the Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management
The Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife management is a unique workplace, which by its nature affects all areas of the forestry sector, renewable natural resources and the environment. More at: uolm.ldf.mendelu.cz
- plant ecophysiology
- root physiology
- root ecology
What will you do?
- engage in research and teaching activities within the Czech Republic and on the EU level
- publish research results in high-impact journals
- supervise MA and PhD theses in the selected scientific domain
- teach MA-level and PhD-level courses
- participate in dissemination activities
- organise research and development activities
- building research collaborations inside the MENDELU and developing fruitful partnerships with research groups outside of MENDELU
- actively seeking research and development funding and leading grant projects
What do we require from you?
- qualification level docent (associated professor) or PhD
- excellent level of the English and German language
- at least ten years of experience in the field
- management skills
- potential for professional graduation (Prof.)
- experience in publishing in high-ranked scientific journals, at least ten impact publications in the last five years
- active international cooperation and involvement in research networks
- active membership in publication boards of scientific journals and in professional societies
- active collaboration with scientific research institutions outside the EU
Required research experience:
- publication outputs Q1
- excellent technology of science
- experience with European projects and project team management
- conceptual work abilities
What else do we appreciate?
- driving licence for cars
- other languages, Hebrew is an advantage for further development with Masaryk Forest in Israel
What can we offer you?
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- 8 weeks of vacation
- regular education acivities, attendence at conferences and seminars, etc.
- pleasant working environment at the university campus
- support of work-life balance
- benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling
- and Careers Centre or the library
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card
- University kindergarten, summer suburban camps for children of employees
- work in an institution that has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission
Expected start: June 2023, fixed-term employment contract for 3 years with the possibility of extension. This job position will be financed by the Horizon Europe programme – grant agreement N°101087262.
Job status: 1
Number of vacancies: 1
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send us your electronic application to email@example.com with the chosen job position in the subject of the e-mail by 15 June 2023 supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
How does the selection procedure work for us? orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure