The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) announces open position of Unit Head for the Lung Function Unit
The lung function unit is part of standardised phenotyping pipeline, which is involved in IMPC phenotyping effort. The lung function unit focuses on understanding the role of both genetic, environmental and pharmacological factors on lung physiology, homeostasis and mechanics in mouse and rat models. Unit is in close collaboration with other units dedicated for cardiovascular, immunology and histology research and its work is supported by all units within phenotyping module of CCP.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organisation and supervision of the unit including management of lab technicians or specialists
- Design and running of experiments including direct ventilation with Scireq devices with standard and advance measurements of lung mechanics parameters, tissue collection and immunological analysis of lung disease models.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Oversee the optimization of current procedures and development and establishment of new techniques, secondary tests and challenges
- Writing and maintaining SOPs
- Supervision and consulting of complex projects related to lung and cardiovascular system
- Involvement in writing grant applications and in publications
- (Future) possibility to run own research projects
The best candidate
- holds a PhD in a biological discipline with proved experience in lung physiology
- has experience with handling and working with rodents especially mice and rats
- general laboratory experience and knowledge of substance administration is important but not essential
- is fluent in English
- is able to work independently and as a part of the team
Previous experience with Scireq devices or ultrasound imaging (Vevo system) is considered advantageous as well as experience with pharmacological treatment of lung disease models.
- Job opportunity in the international environment of top research infrastructure
- Possibility of professional growth and further education
- Participation at meetings and workshops of international consortia IMPC and Infrafrontier
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of vacations, three sick-days and a wide range of IMG benefits
The position is available immediately (March 2020) as an initial fixed-term (one year) contract, with longer-term extension possibility.
The place of work is Vestec u Prahy (CCP – BIOCEV campus).
Application, CV and references (if available) send to Mr. Libor Danek ( email@example.com ). If you have any questions related to the position, please send them to the email as well. We thank all who apply for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.