The Institute of Computer Sciences of the Czech Academy of Sciences (ICS CAS), Prague, Czech Republic, invites applications for a tenure‐track position in Computer Science and related areas fitting and/or expanding some of its current research areas:
- artificial intelligence,
- combinatorics and graph theory,
- complex dynamic systems,
- computational complexity,
- computational logic, mathematical logic, philosophical logic,
- data mining,
- neuroinformatics, neuroimaging, computational neuroscience,
- Freedom and support to develop an independent research program.
- Flexible working conditions, including the option to work part-time.
- Initial salary matching the local price level (monthly gross salary 48-66 thousand CZK based on qualifications and experience – approximately 38-52 thousand CZK net salary), see the Cost Of Living in Prague.
- Additional bonuses based on research performance.
- Additional bonuses based on successful grant applications up to 25%.
- Career progression based on regular evaluations.
- Five weeks of paid vacation on top of public holidays.
- Child care facilities in the institute’s building.
- Highly attractive and safe location (Prague).
- Travel package for the total duration: up to 50 000 CZK for conferences and research stays.
- Relocation package for fellow coming from abroad: 10 000 CZK plus 10 000 CZK for family (spouse and/or children).
We encourage you to apply, if you:
- hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field,
- have an excellent research record relative to your career stage,
- show the potential to build an independent research group and acquire research funding.
Conditions of contract
You will be appointed for up to 3 years initially and your performance will be evaluated towards the end of this period. In case of a positive review, you will be eligible for an extension or a tenured appointment. Your involvement in graduate teaching programs and supervising graduate students will not be mandatory, yet welcomed by the Institute.
- a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position,
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and a description of the three most important research achievements,
- a description of your scientific interest and plans, including potential collaborations within and outside of the institute.
- 3 letters of recommendation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to email@example.com.
The Czech Academy of Sciences is the biggest institution conducting basic research in the Czech Republic. It covers 54 research institutes, the Institute of Computer Science being one of them. For more information, see our web-page http://www.cs.cas.cz/, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.