Hi, we are Datamole: a data & AI company of 70+ people. We are looking for a Team Lead Data Scientist who would be responsible for one of our data science teams of 5-8 members.
The position is open for both experienced and aspiring team leaders. If you have 5+ years of experience as a data scientist and an aptitude for leadership and helping others, this might be a good fit for you.
WHAT WE DO:
We work on projects ranging from optimization of procedures happening in a cow milking robot through classification of radar data to analyzing processes on electron microscopes.
We cooperate extensively with domain experts on the customer side throughout the whole process and especially as a team leader you will get to explore many interesting domains.
Your job will be to ensure effective team practices that lead to successful project deliveries and to ensure high standards of the data science solutions. You will use your data science experience to guide and lead your team members in the design of solutions.
You will take care of your 5-8 team members whose experience ranges from freshly graduates to seniors well versed in data science. You will help them to get across any hurdles and facilitate their professional growth.
- Lead a team of 5-8 data scientists
- Ensure the team members follow the best practices and guidelines.
- Take part in team contributions (code base, architecture, specifications), consult others and review the design and architecture of individual projects and solutions within the team.
- Manage the team knowledge and its distribution, provide training that team members need.
THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Expertise in data science (5+ years of working experience)
- Perfect ability to decompose a high level (and often vague) problem and break it down into subproblems and well-defined tasks.
- Soft skills: strong communication (written and oral), leadership, and negotiation skills.
- Keeping track of the data science community.
WE GIVE EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Strong knowledge of Python data science stack: pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, seaborn, scikit-learn. (required to learn within the beginning of the job).
- Interaction with the data science community (public talks, attendance at meetups, publishing articles/papers etc.)
BENEFITS YOU GET:
- Friendly company culture. No useless meetings, no dress code (but please dressed :))
- Comfy offices at Vítězné náměstí, Dejvice right at the tram/subway station
- Flexible working hours, work in small autonomous teams
- Regular team buildings and office parties
- 5 weeks of vacation, sick days
- A library with curated books, regular knowledge sharing sessions, Czech/English lessons
If it sounds like a good fit for you, please send your CV with a few words about yourself to Tomáš email@example.com.