Dean of Faculty of Civil Engineering, Brno University of Technology (hereafter FCE BUT), hereby announces the employee selection process for a position of researcher – senior from abroad (outside CR) for a period of 18 months for 0.5 FTE for project CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008371) for the Institute of Structural Mechanics (hereinafter STM), Faculty of Civil Engineering BUT (hereinafter FAST BUT).
Description of job:
The successful applicants will be involved in research activities of the STM, FCE BUT. The job involves research in the field of mechanics of concrete structures. It is also expected the development of methods and alternative procedures and their eventually implementation into software.
- at least 7 years from Ph.D. or its international equivalent (International Standard Classification of Education ISCED 8)
- at least 2 whole years of work experience, over the course of last 3 years, outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with working time of at least 0.5, Czech citizens are not excluded,
- fulfill criteria:
- hN-index – minimum value of normalized hN-index of 8,5 (hN = h x 1,70, where h is Hirsch index),
- A contribution in at least one international grant or national grant over the last 5 years as a solver or co-solver,
- at least 3 publishing outputs recorded in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases,
- good communication skill, skills to work in groups, fulfil R&D activities, writing of articles and presentation of results,
- knowledge of structural mechanics and numerical analysis of concrete members.
Written applications supplemented by a CV, copies of the educational documents and papers and an overview of the publishing activities are accepted by the Personnel Department of FAST BUT till 25. 5. 2018.
Expected job start: 1. 7. 2018
The selection procedure may be canceled due to unexpected changes of International Researcher Mobility Challenge funds by OP VVV. Unexpected changes might include changes of policies or reduction of project funds and its activities. The contracts with the successful applicants will be signed after the delivery of grant acceptance the signature of internal cooperation agreement between parts of Brno University of Technology.